Grad Student Assistantships
SPHS offers several graduate assistantships each term. These include Teaching Assistant, Research Assistant, and Graduate Services Assistant. Follow the link below to the Eagle Careers site to create a profile and submit your application to open jobs.
NOTE: Appointment to a graduate assistant position DOES NOT automatically qualify for in-state tuition. There are several qualifications that must be met for a non-Texas resident to receive in-state tuition.
When applying, you MUST submit the following items to be considered:
*Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume
*A brief statement describing your experience and skills, particularly with respect to research, teaching, administrative work, or any other relevant work experience. The statement should be approximately one-half page in length.
*The student work application, downloadable from Eagle Careers.
Documents must be uploaded in pdf format to be viewable. Microsoft Word has a built-in pdf export function.
Graduate Assistantship Application will be available soon.
Salary Student Appointments will be governed by the following guidelines:
- The University's official payroll dates are
- Fall: Sept 1-Jan 15
- Spring: Jan 16-May 31
- Summer 10W: Jun 1-Aug 31
- Summer 5W1: Jun 1-Jul 15
- Summer 5W2: Jul 16-Aug 31
- Exact duties, assigned work location(s), and start/end dates will be determined by the supervising faculty member. It is the student's responsibility to contact the assigned supervisor as soon as the job offer is accepted.
- The student must indicate acceptance of the job offer by returning the signed Acceptance Form, enclosed with the offer letter and linked above for your convenience.
- Actual start dates may be prior to the official payroll start date. The student will be paid the appropriate salary because the student is paid for weeks between the end of Finals Week and the payroll end date. For example, a TA may begin working on January 2nd at the direction of the supervisor to prepare for Spring classes.
- The number of hours worked per week as listed on the offer letter is expected of each student employee. The target number of hours listed on the Salary TA/RA/GSA Hours Tracking Form are expected of all salaried graduate student employees. The exact work schedule will be assigned by the supervisor.
- The student is responsible for using the Salary TA/RA/GSA Hours Tracking Form below, and must be initialed by the supervisor at least every two weeks during the term.